WDMLA Class of 2023
A Message from the Class of 2023
The West Des Moines Leadership Academy (WDMLA) exists to positively influence the future of West Des Moines and the Greater Des Moines community through strategic leadership development and workforce retention.
This year, the West Des Moines Leadership Academy chose to devote our cause to supplying wellbeing resources for the students and staff within the West Des Moines Community Schools (WDMCS). It is our mission to give more kids the help they need by creating and funding a partnership between PleasePass The Love and WDMCS.
The 'School to Thrive' program will expand training for staff and provide additional wellbeing resources for more than 4,500 students in grades 7-12. With this partnership, we will be able to enhance school systems in support of our youth.
There is an increasing trend of children suffering from anxiety, depression, mood swings, eating disorders, and suicide. With your support, we can provide the resources and tools students need to conquer even the toughest of challenges and help create brighter futures for our future generation.
Meet the Class
- Jasmina Alicic, West Bank
- Brandon Bennett, Security National Bank
- Jonny Bosworth, R&R Realty Group
- Ryan Bratvold, BrownWinick Law Firm
- Andy Bretz, Spindustry
- Danielle Burmeister, Homesteaders Life Company
- Shad Clayton, Oakridge Neighborhood Services
- Brandon Elbert, MHCS P.C.
- Anthony Giampolo, West Des Moines Police Department
- Kinzy Gillespie, Navigate Wellbeing
- Stacie Glienki, Hubbell Realty
- Haley Gutschenritter, Merkle Retirement Planning
- Ben Hall, Pratum an HBS Brand
- Daniel Herting, Herting Law
- Madi Jantsch, Express Employment Services
- Britton Klomstad, SVN | Create
- Erin Knupp, Boyd Jones
- Katie Koch, American Equity
- Dan Lengeling, Merchants Bonding Company
- Mia Mata, Athene
- Thomas McCaffrey, Gilbert & Cook, Inc.
- Laine Mendenhall-Buck, West Des Moines Community Schools
- Ryan Moon, Greater Des Moines Partnership
- James Moore, Shive-Hattery
- Jarret Mulholland, First National Bank
- Joel Peiffer, IMT Insurance
- Jen Peppenger, Grinnell Mutual
- Rudy Pineda, Fort Whiskey
- Trey Rice, ServiceMaster by Rice
- Shawna Rolph, City of West Des Moines
- Jessica Rotole, Whitfield & Eddy Law
- Meghan Sanchez, Carrier Access
- Craig Schneider, NCMIC
- Allicia Sebastinelli, Brokers International
- Nicki Teel, Sammons Financial Group
- Jazzlinn Turner, Bankers Trust