Compensation and Benefits
The West Des Moines Community Schools relies on a dedicated and talented workforce to educate and support the children of our community. We are proud to offer comprehensive and flexible benefits to our employees.
- Full-time employees are eligible for single health care benefits at no cost.
- The district will contribute 100 percent toward a single dental insurance plan for full-time employees.
- Full-time teachers receive $800 for professional development.
- The district will provide full-time teachers $100/month ($1,200/yr) toward a Tax Sheltered Annuity.
2022-23 Benefits Resources
Notable Changes to Benefits Effective 7/1/22
- Adding a new higher deductible, PPO Plan 4. The deductible and out-of-pockets are higher. The specialist copay is $75. The prescription drug cost is higher at $10 for Tier 1, $40 for Tier 2, $90 for Tier 3.
- Integrating a new voluntary option to all plans called the Iowa Clinic High Performance Network. This is a voluntary network and there are no copays to see any doctor there.
- Changing our prescription drug provider to MedOne. MedOne works at most pharmacies in the metro area (just like CVS currently does). They have mail order, etc. There will be a separate ID card for prescription drugs. Find more information here.
- Integrating a new voluntary prescription mail-order program called CanaRX. This is only for certain prescriptions and the cost of these prescriptions is $0 copay.
- All medical rates are increasing this year. Anyone who does not enroll in benefits will be automatically enrolled in Medical Plan 3 and dental as employee-only. This applies to new hires.
- All dental rates are decreasing this year.
- Anyone wanting Flex must enroll for it. This does not roll over.
Important Documents for 2022-23
- Annual Notices
- Benefits Guide
- Dental Benefits
- Doctor on Demand Information (Virtual Visits)
- Iowa Clinic High Performance Network
- Medical Benefits Comparison
- Notable Changes
- Prescription Drug Plan Guide
- Vision Benefits
Transparency in Coverage
The link below leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.