Superintendent Search Timeline
- Jan. 26: Start advertising the position externally
- Jan. 30: Open online community survey Jan. 30-Feb.11
- Feb. 9-10: stakeholder meetings
- Feb. 21: Board of Education meeting to:
- Report from stakeholder meetings
- March 24: Board of Education workshop meeting to finalize interview procedures
- Select interview questions
- Decide on a compensation package
- April 1-2: First round interviews
- April 4: Review candidates and select finalists
- April 6-8: Conduct interview and tours of district with final candidates. A selection of WDMCS parents, students, staff, and community members will observe final candidate interviews and submit feedback forms. This information will be provided to the Board as an additional resource as they make their final decision.
- Week of April 11: Choose a preferred candidate
School and District News
April 29, 2022 | The WDMCS Board of Education is pleased to announce that a contract for superintendent has been offered to Dr. Matt Adams pending Board approval at the May 9 meeting.
At a Feb. 21, 2022, special Board of Education meeting, representatives from executive search firm Hazard Young Attea Associates (HYA) shared the results from the focus group conversations and leadership profile survey that took place in February as part of the superintendent search process.
Jan. 30, 2022 | On Monday, Jan. 24, members of the West Des Moines Community Schools (WDMCS) Board of Education, along with representatives from Hazard Young Attea Associates (HYA), discussed the proposed next steps of the superintendent search process.
Jan. 21, 2022 | At a special Board of Education meeting held virtually on Wednesday, Jan. 19, the Board of Education listened to two proposals from search firms who specialize in superintendent searches.
A letter from Dr. Remy to the West Des Moines Community Schools (WDMCS) community
Lisa Remy, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Chief Financial Officer
Teaching and Learning Services
Chief Human Resources Officer
School/Community Relations Director