Don’t miss out on all the important information for WDMCS families in our We are WDMCS newsletters.
We are ALL WDMCS: 2021-22 Newsletters
- Jan. 14, 2022 — Return-to-Learn plan updates, health reminders, 2022-23 calendar, and more.
- Nov. 23, 2021 — Video message from Supt. Remy, 2022-23 calendar, COVID-19 updates, & more.
- Nov. 5, 2021 — School board election results, weekend fun with football playoffs and school plays, COVID-19 updates, and more.
- Oct. 19, 2021 — Weather notice test, plan for "snow days", LGBTQIA+ students family groups, National Principals' Month
- Sept. 24, 2021 — Homecoming, community updates, equity info., and more.
- Aug. 27, 2021 — COVID-19 safety plans and resources, first day of school photos, Valley football season opener details, and more.
- Aug. 6, 2021 — New administrators, COVID-19 update, back-to-school events, and more.
We are ALL WDMCS: 2020-21 Newsletters
When the coronavirus pandemic impacted WDMCS, we temporarily transitioned our communication format to be for both families and staff.
- July 1, 2021 – 2021-22 Enrollment Edition, step-by-step instructions for Tiger Enrollment, Tiger Access, and Tiger Launch, Back-to-School overviews.
- June 1, 2021 – Student and retiree stories, Valley and Walnut Creek graduation photos, last day of school reminders and summer plans.
- May 8, 2021 – Levi Janssen fature, spring activities at WDMCS, Chromebook summer plans, transportation registration, WDMCS staff recognition.
- April 2, 2021 – Valley greenhouse feature, Conditions for Learning survey, IASB survey, WDMCS Foundation letter.
- March 24, 2021 – WDMCS statement in response to Atlanta shooting, stay home if sick reminder, IASB school improvement needs assessment, COVID-19/spectator guidelines for WDMCS spring sports, Booster Pak Eat-a-thon.
- March 5, 2021 – Board to vote on final budget reduction recommendations, WDMCS/MercyOne vaccine clinics, spring break travel guidance, new websites to launch.
- Feb. 5, 2021 – Should WDMCS offer a virtual school, Kids West registration dates, Black History Month, budget reduction update.
- Jan. 7, 2021 – unity during difficult times, second-semester reminders, and more.
- Dec. 17, 2020 – No school Dec. 22, second semester plans, budget reduction process, calendar updates.
- Dec. 3, 2020 – Waiver approved to remain online, special Board meeting announcement, online learning feature story, second semester bus fees waived, second semester plans.
- Nov. 24, 2020 – Potential online learning extension, reporting COVID-19 cases, community resources, free meals information.
- Nov. 13, 2020 – Waiver approved to transition online Nov. 16, support resources during online learning transition, athletics and activities update, second semester choice update.
- Nov. 6. 2020 – Face masks required starting Nov. 9, Second semester choice, 2020-21 calendar update, community resources for parents.
- Oct. 1, 2020 – Quarantine rule changes, new COVID-19 hotline, Valleyfest XLI information, and more.
- Sept. 25, 2020 – Hall of Honor postponed, COVID-19 Dashboard FAQs, Polk County percentages clarification for temporarily transitioning online.
- Sept. 18, 2020 – 2020 Homecoming, Valley Mask BANDITs, tech help for multilingual learners.
- Sept. 9, 2020 – COVID-19 dashboard, no school Sept. 14, Homecoming info, and more.
- Sept. 3, 2020 – No school Sept. 4-7 reminder, Tiger Cubs Preschool Sept. 8 start date, online learning environment deadline notice, WDMCS COVID-19 dashboard to launch week of Sept. 8.
- Aug. 28, 2020 – Photos, stories from first week of school, new COVID-19 exposure flowchart, student placements online through Sept. 4.
- Aug. 21, 2020 – WDMCS visions for 2020-21 video, teacher assignment update, bus info., new health guidelines, Nutrition updates, Canvas help, and helping kids adjust to face coverings.
- Aug. 14, 2020 – Updates on the first day of school, our new equity director, guidance for COVID-19 exposure, elementary updates, and more.
- Aug. 7, 2020 – Return-to-Learn video, on-site vs. online data, junior high block scheduling, new start date proposed.
- July 30, 2020 – updated guidance from health and education experts, enrollment vs. choosing online/on-site, return-to-learn percentages to date, return-to-learn workshop on Aug. 5.
- July 24, 2020 – on-site/online choice survey reminder, return-to-learn FAQs and percentages to date, July 23 CDC guidance on reopening schools, equity town halls.
- July 10, 2020 – 2020-21 enrollment information, Hybrid Option 2 details, school supply lists, transportation registration, PTO mask orders.
- July 2, 2020 – WDMCS Return-to-Learn Plan.
Last Modified on January 14, 2022