Conditions for Learning Survey
WDMCS administer an annual school climate and culture survey called Conditions for Learning to students in grades 3-12. This is their chance to make their voice heard, and we intend to listen. The survey administration is required by the state’s plan to meet a federal law called the Every Student Succeeds Act.
All Iowa public school districts will use the Conditions for Learning Survey to improve safety, student engagement, and the overall learning environment so that all Iowa students have optimum conditions for learning. Our work to improve safety, student engagement and the overall learning environment will have a lasting impact on the future.
About the Survey
- It is given to students in grades 3-12.
- Students will take the survey sometime between Monday, April 19, and the end of May.
- It is 100% confidential. The survey does not collect student names, birthdates, or any other identifiable information.
- Parents/guardians can complete a form if they do not want their students to participate.
- Students can also choose to not take the survey.
- The information collected will help the state, our district, and local community improve the school.
- Copies of the survey are available in each school office or are available online.
- Parent/guardians can complete a form if they do not want their student to take the survey.
This survey administration is required by the state’s plan to meet a federal law called the Every Student Succeeds Act. Schools will conduct the survey between April 19 and May 28.