Recommended High School Coursework for Post-Secondary Preparation
- English: 4 years, including literature and one year of composition
- Mathematics: 3 years, including algebra, geometry, and algebra II
- Natural Science: 3 years, including general science, biology, and chemistry or physics
- Social Studies: 3 years, including American history, government, and economics
- Foreign Language: 2-4 years of a single language
- Computers: 1 year
- Sophomore Year: Sophomores meet with their respective counselor in small groups during the first quarter.
- Junior Year: The ASVAB, which matches aptitudes with interests, is offered. Juniors meet with their respective counselor in small groups during the first semester.
- Senior Year: Counselors continue to encourage students to use the offerings in the Counseling Center with the idea of finalizing post-graduate plans. Seniors meet with their respective counselor in small groups during the first quarter. Seniors may take the ASVAB in the fall.
Life After High School: Planning and Paying for College and Career
Post-Secondary Prep Resources
Last Modified on March 11, 2021