Demo Teacher Program
A demonstration teacher plans, demonstrates, and discusses the effective use of evidence-based instructional practices and strategies to increase student achievement.
A demo teacher is an excellent resource for teachers interested in viewing new methods, materials and instructional strategies, that through research have proven to increase student achievement.
- Classroom Management and Organization
- Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Differentiated Math
- Differentiated Reading
- ESOL High Impact Strategies
- Flexible Seating
- Project Based Learning (PBLN)
- Reading Interventions
- Social Emotional Learning
- Standards Based Grading
- Student Engagement
Demonstration Teacher Coordinator
Analysis of Common Assessment
Schedule a Visit
Due to COVID-19, we are currently not using our online scheduling system. Instead, you have two options:
Demo Teacher FAQs
Current demo teachers are listed on this page.
Review the steps outlined on this page for scheduling a visit.
Use the absence reason “demo teacher visit” in Aesop (the accounting code will be taken care of behind the scenes) and also enter your absence into Applitrack. If you’d like to prearrange your sub, please contact him/her to arrange that and then put his/her name in the “notes” section of Aesops. Jenni Jones will then finalize your prearranged sub in Aesops.
While we have a wide variety of subject areas, grade levels, and areas of expertise covered by our current demo teachers, we know that not every need can be met. In order to arrange a visit with a non-demonstration teacher, please contact the demo teacher coordinator explicitly explaining why you’d like to visit a non-demonstration teacher.
Yes! A Google Drive folder will soon be available for teachers to view video clips on different topics.
Demo Teacher List
Below is the list of demo teachers for the 2020-21 school year. If you are interested in becoming a demo teacher, please contact Jenni Jones, demo teacher coordinator, for more information.
- Scott Brown, Indian Hills Junior High
- Karen Forrester, Valley Southwoods Freshman High School
- Katie Francis, Fairmeadows Elementary
- Mary Guzman, Indian Hills Junior High
- Megan Irey, Hillside and Western Hills Elementary
- Chantel Karns, Valley Southwoods
- Kelsey Konecky, Valley High School
- Ann Krois, Valley High School
- Megan Light, Westridge Elementary
- Adam Liker-Hill, Indian Hills Junior High
- Allison Mayberger, Crossroads Park Elementary
- Lynda Niffenegger, Crossroads Park Elementary
- Haley Ohl, Indian Hills Junior High
- Erin Perry, Valley High School
- Brant Reif, Valley High School
- Lisa Sobotka, Valley Southwoods Freshman High School