Tiger Cubs Preschool Enrollment
If you have or know a child who is ready for preschool in the fall, preschool enrollment is now open! Tiger Cubs Preschool enrollment for 2021-22 is now open to out-of-district families.
WDMCS will offer virtual preschool for the 2021-22 school year. Learn more about the virtual option.
Step 1: Complete Online Enrollment and Request Tiger Cubs Placements
Request a Tiger Cubs placement for your child by completing WDMCS’ online enrollment. You will need certain information and documents to get started. Any documents can be scanned and uploaded online.
All students need:
- Proof of residency. The student’s and parent/guardian’s names and addresses must match on proof of residency documents, listed below.
- Immunization Records. Iowa law requires parent/guardians to verify certain immunizations. Required Immunizations (based on age)
- Health History. Please enter general health history information for each student.
- Do Not Release Information. You will be asked if photos or videos of your student can be taken. In addition, this allows student information to be listed in school yearbooks and directories.
New students will also need:
Current WDMCS families with incoming preschoolers will complete online enrollment for the entire family during this process. Once you log in to Infinite Campus, you will:
- Confirm your enrollment information.
- Confirm student information for ALL students in your family.
- Add your incoming preschooler as a new student.
Other back-to-school steps like paying fees and getting the school supply list will still happen in the summer. If you have an address change or other changes after filling out online enrollment, please contact your school.
Families new to WDMCS will complete new student enrollment online for incoming preschoolers.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR APPLE USERS: Any Apple product will need to use the FREE Puffin browser app to complete online enrollment.
If you already have students attending WDMCS,
enroll an incoming preschooler with your CURRENT family in Infinite Campus.
- Log in to Infinite Campus, click ‘More,’ then choose ‘Tiger Enrollment.’
- You’ll be able to confirm your enrollment and returning student information, then add your preschooler to your family.
If your family is brand new to WDMCS,
enroll your incoming preschool are part of a NEW WDMCS family.
- Complete our online enrollment process, including creating an Infinite Campus account.
- Choose your preferred language, then fill out the information and click ‘Begin Enrollment.’
Step 2: Confirm Your Tiger Cubs Spot Online
WDMCS will contact you by email to let you know your Tiger Cubs placement. There will be an online form you can fill out to confirm or release your Tiger Cubs placement. WDMCS may also follow up with you about missing documents or information. Your Tiger Cubs teacher will schedule a time to visit with you in August 2021.
Once you have completed the above steps, your child is enrolled and ready for preschool!
Please Note: This process is only for Tiger Cubs Preschool only. The registration process at community preschools varies. Typically, community preschool registration begins in late December and early January. Please contact the individual preschool to learn about its registration process. Please see the preschool directory for community preschool information.
Enrollment Support Events
8 a.m. to noon
at Crestview School of Inquiry
8355 Franklin Ave.
Clive, IA 50325
Our Bilingual Family Liaison team will also directly contact families to provide language and interpretation support.Enrollm
Families without access to the internet or those in need of an interpreter will be able to request a Tiger Cubs placement at Crestview School of Inquiry on Jan. 19 and 21.
Proof of Residency
All new students entering WDMCS must provide the proper documentation to establish proof of residency. The name and address on these documents must match the name and address of the parent or legal guardian of the student(s) being registered. Acceptable proof of residency documents are:
Homeowner (one of the following)
- Printed verification page from the Polk County Assessor’s web page.
- A copy of your most recently paid property tax bill.
- A copy of a recent mortgage statement.
- A copy of a utility bill for the last of current month.
Recently closed on a new home
- A copy of the settlement statement from closing or a warranty deed.
Recently made an offer on a home
- Upon closing, provide a copy of the settlement statement or a warranty deed.
One of the following:
- A copy of your lease agreement with the term listed. The agreement MUST contain property owner’s name, address and signature; and name and signature of parent/guardian.
- A utility bill for the last or current month, mailed to your address within WDMCS boundaries.
Renter without a lease (on a month-to-month basis)
- A utility bill for the last or current month, mailed to your address.
Proof of Age Requirements
Proof of age is required for all new students to WDMCS. In Iowa, a child must be five years old on or before September 15 of the year he or she starts school in order to enroll in kindergarten. Proof of age is requested at Kindergarten Roundup and required prior to the start of school. For students in grades one through 12, proof is also required before your child can start attending school.
Several options are acceptable:
- A state birth certificate
- A passport
- Adoption papers
- A certificate obtained from the county the child was born.
- For Polk County: Polk County Recorder’s Office, 111 Court Ave., Room 245, Des Moines, IA 50309-2251; Phone: 286-3781; Cost is $20
- A state certificate can be obtained from: Iowa Vital Records Bureau, Lucas State Office Building 321 E. 12th, Des Moines, IA 50319; Phone: 281-4944; Cost is $20