Seal of Biliteracy Opportunity on March 3
On Wednesday, March 3, 2021, West Des Moines Community Schools (WDMCS) students in grades 10-12 will have an opportunity to demonstrate proficiency in a world language to earn the Seal of Biliteracy. This will be one of several opportunities available to students this spring.
Students in grades 10-12 who are not currently registered to take the ACT on March 3 can sign up to take the STAMP or ALIRA assessment to qualify for the Seal of Biliteracy during ENCORE time that day.
- STAMP Assessment—Arabic, English, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Polish, Russian, Spanish ($17.50)
- ALIRA—Latin ($10)
To participate in the March 3 testing, please sign up with Mrs. Stacey Karnowski in the Student Services Office by Friday, Feb. 19. You will need to share your first and last name, grade, student ID number, and which language you will be testing in.
When a student signs up for the assessment in the office, the cost of the assessment will be added to a student’s fee statement. One time financial assistance is available for students to take a Seal of Biliteracy Assessment. If you have concerns about the cost of the assessment, please see your counselor.
Seal of Biliteracy Assessment Opportunity
- Who: students in grades 10-12 who:
- are not registered to take the ACT on March 3
- are interested in demonstrating proficiency in Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Mandarin Simplified, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, or Spanish to earn the Seal of Biliteracy
- When: 8:30 a.m., Wednesday, March 3
- Where: Valley High School (room locations TBA)
Contact Natalie French at email@example.com or 515-633-5173.