West Des Moines Public Library Curbside-Only Through Nov. 30
Update from nov. 11: At a special meeting of the West Des Moines Public Library Board of Trustees on Tuesday, Nov. 10, members of the Board and library administration made the decision to maintain curbside-only service through at least Nov. 30. The Board and administrators made the decision based on a discussion of the increase in positive COVID-19 cases in Polk and Dallas Counties as well as the decision by West Des Moines Community Schools to file for an online-only instruction waiver as the community positivity rate exceeded 15 percent.
From Oct. 16: As part of ongoing renovations, the West Des Moines Public Library will be closed Tuesday, Oct. 27, through Wednesday, Nov. 11, reopening on November 12. During the closure, library staff and contractors will:
- Move the children’s collection and other library materials currently housed on the first floor to temporary shelving on the second floor
- Lay new carpet on the first floor
- Erect temporary walls to contain dust and noise on the first floor
- Re-carpet public elevators
- Move some library furniture out of the building into storage.
Contractors and city engineers expect to complete the project in spring of 2021. Learn more about the renovation, curbside pickup during the closure, and what to expect after the library reopens at www.wdmlibrary.org.