Valley Spotlight Honored In National COVID-19 Coverage Contest
Spotlight, Valley High School’s student newspaper, was recognized by the National Scholastic Press Association, the Society of Professional Journalists, and the Society for News Design for its COVID-19 coverage as part of a nationwide contest.
Spotlight placed third in general content (print) for its April 24, 2020 issue in the Outstanding COVID-19 Coverage competition for materials published after April 15. Judges looked for:
- Accuracy and completeness
- Enterprise and ingenuity
- Significance and effectiveness
- Clarity and insight
- Creative use of the medium’s unique capabilities
Top entries recognized will receive a one-year membership to the Society of Professional Journalists, and a sweatshirt and plaque from the National Scholastic Press Association.
Congratulations, Valley Spotlight!
2020 Valley Spotlight Staff
- Editor-in-Chief: Caroline Ash
- Editor-in-Chief: Molly Wright
- Managing Editor: Regan Day
- Copy Editor: Maddie Cason
- Layout Editor: Chloe Edwards
- Sales Manager: Graham Margulies
- Staff Photographer and Writer: Andrew Gioffredi
- Politics and Science Writer: Carsen Codel
- Feature Writer: Blake Morrow
- Writer: Jayda Allen
- Writer: Ben Ahrlichs
- Writer: Sahithi Shankaiahgari