Reminder: Feb. 25 ACT for Juniors, No School for Others
As a reminder, all West Des Moines Community Schools (WDMCS) 11th-grade students were automatically registered to take the ACT for free on Feb. 25. Valley students not taking part in the ACT testing should not attend school on Feb. 25.
Other Important Reminders for Juniors
- District buses will run on a normal schedule on Feb. 25.
- ACT Room assignments are listed on student schedules in the Encore period for Feb. 25.
- Students should bring pencils (not mechanical), calculator, and a photo identification.
- If juniors arrive after their testing room has begun, they will not be admitted and will be asked to leave the building.
- Students will be expected to leave after the completion of the ACT, unless they ride the bus (these students will remain in cafeteria, supervised.)
- Optional lunch will be served following the ACT.
Valley High School will also follow an amended eight-period schedule on Wednesday, Feb. 26.
Please contact Valley administrators or counselors with any questions.
Wednesday, Feb. 26 Schedule (eight-period)
|Early Bird||7:15-8 a.m.|
|Period 1||8:20-8:58 a.m.|
|Period 2||9:03-9:41 a.m.|
|Period 3||9:46-10:24 a.m.|
|Period 5||11:51 a.m. to 12:29 p.m.|
|Period 6||12:33-1:11 p.m.|
|Period 7||1:16-1:53 p.m.|
|Period 8||1:58-2:35 p.m.|