WDMCS To Host Forum Supporting Student Safety, Equity, Mental Health
The West Des Moines Community Schools (WDMCS) will host a panel discussion with community leaders to help unify families and residents through healthy dialogue and shared resources.
WDMCS Community Connections is set for 6:30-8 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 14, at the Learning Resource Center, 3550 Mills Civic Parkway, West Des Moines. The forum is free and open to the public. It will also broadcast on the WDMCS Facebook page.
“It is important for all of our students and families to feel supported by the school and our community,” said WDMCS Superintendent Lisa Remy, Ed.D. “We are better together.”
- Joe Henry, League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Political Director
- Sanjita Pradhan, Greater Des Moines Partnership Program Director of Talent Development; West Des Moines Human Rights Commission Chair
- Lisa Remy, Ed.D., WDMCS Superintendent
- Chris Scott, West Des Moines Police Department Chief
- Sonia Reyes-Snyder, Iowa Office of Latino Affairs Executive Officer; Iowa School Mental Health Alliance Director
- Alex Thawng, Iowa Chin Community President
- Michael Venema, Clive Police Department Chief
Rev. Sarah Trone Garriott, Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) Coordinator of Interfaith Engagement, will serve as panel moderator.
Join us at WDMCS Community Connections as we support student safety, facilitate equity conversations, and provide mental health resources.