Thirty-Six WDMCS Students Selected to All-State Music Festival
Thirty-six West Des Moines Community Schools (WDMCS) students were selected to participate in the 73rd Annual Iowa All-State Music Festival Concert at Iowa State University’s Hilton Coliseum in Ames. The students were selected through a rigorous audition process that included students from throughout the state.
The Iowa All-State Music Festival is from Nov. 21-23. Tickets to the Iowa All-State Music Festival Concert can be purchased at the ISU Athletics Ticket Office, located on the west side of the Jacobson Athletic Building, or online at Ticketmaster.com beginning at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29.
All-state band members:
- Cornet II—Henry Leaders, senior
- Clarinet II—Madeline Echternacht, senior
- French Horn II—Peter Erickson, senior
- Harp—Gracia Koele, senior
- String Bass—Logan Dearduff, junior
- Trombone III—Jamie Smith, junior
- Tuba—Gwyn Chilcoat, senior
Additionally, freshmen Henry Golay (oboe) and Bryson Kinnan (tuba) were selected as second alternates.
All-state choir members:
- Altos—Lanie Anthan, junior; Chloe Edwards, senior; Lauren Gilbert, senior; Anna Ullestad, junior
- Basses—Eric Amundson, senior; Carsen Codel, senior; Jake Henke, junior; Max Johnson, junior; Sterling Mills, senior; Joshua Nichols, junior
- Sopranos—Ella Bishop, junior; Zoe Dunham, senior; Veena Kappaganthu, senior; Mary Thomas, senior
- Tenors—Jack Renda, junior; Nick Wharff, senior
Additionally, senior Carson Tow (tenor) was selected as an alternate.
All-state orchestra members:
- Bassist—Andrew Voggesser, senior
- Cellists—Min Hyuk Lee, senior; Nicholas Meyer, sophomore
- Clarinet—Kathryn Wittrock, senior
- Harpist—Gracia Koele, senior (All-state orchestra and band)
- Horn II—Sadie Carlson, junior
- Violinists—Elaine Greer, junior; Claire Gu, freshman; Kristen He, sophomore
- Violist—Avi Gedler, senior; Dorothy Junginger, junior
Additionally, junior Keyah VanZee (violist) was named as a first alternate.
For more information about the Iowa All-State Music Festival, please visit the organization’s website.