Nomination Period Open for Valley High School Hall of Honor
Nominations are now being accepted for the Valley High School Hall of Honor for 2020.
The nomination period lasts from Friday. Sept. 27 to Friday, Nov. 1.
The Valley High School Hall of Honor was established to recognize outstanding alumni, educators, and community leaders who, through achievements, endeavors, leadership, and character, are positive role models for the student body of the West Des Moines Community Schools (WDMCS). These individuals have specifically dedicated their time and made significant contributions to the Valley High School community. Hall of Honor inductees are carefully selected by a committee of Valley and WDMCS staff and community members.
- Must be an alumnus of Valley High School who, through various endeavors, is a positive role model for the student body and has been graduated from Valley High School for 10 years or more. The award may be given posthumously.
- Must have contributed to his or her community in an exemplary manner by demonstrating leadership, character, and service to their local community and/or profession.
- Must have achieved outstanding success in Academics, Arts, Activities, or Athletics.
- Must be a role model that current and future generations of West Des Moines Community Schools students can emulate.
Valley High School Retired Staff Criteria
- Must have been a staff member at Valley High School for 10 years or more. The award may be given posthumously.
- Must be recognized as being a positive role model and person of character and have demonstrated leadership.
- Must have been recognized as being a person of uncommon dedication, going beyond the call of duty to assist students, staff, and/or parents.
- Must have retired or resigned before being considered for nomination.
- Must be a patron/benefactor/community leader of the West Des Moines Community Schools or the West Des Moines community and have contributed to Valley High School in an exemplary manner. The award may be given posthumously.
- Must demonstrate leadership, character, and service to their local community and be a positive role model and person of character for community members and West Des Moines Community Schools students to emulate.
- Must achieve outstanding success in business, athletics, education, the arts, humanitarian efforts, community service, or other endeavors.