Update: WDMCS Closed Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018
Update: The West Des Moines Community Schools is closed Tuesday, Feb. 20, due to severe weather conditions.
Employees designated to report to work when schools are closed should do so according to established procedures.
For students and parents, this announcement means:
- No classes will be held.
- No school-related evening activities will be held.
- No Tiger Cubs preschool classes will be held. If you are a preschool parent in a non-district building, please contact that facility.
- Kids West child care is closed.
- No Community Education classes, activities, and programs will be held. This includes Brighter Beginnings, LEARNwest and Adventures classes, preschool, Kids West, and all facility use. All Community Education programs and services follow the decision of WDMCS for weather-related closings.
- No meals will be served. For updated menus, please check the district menu webpage at www.wdmcs.org/departments/nutrition/menu.
- No transportation services will be provided, including out-of-district services.
- The Learning Resource Center and Operations building will be open.
- Note the following school-specific schedule updates:
- Stilwell will reschedule conferences to Tuesday, Feb. 27 (same locations and times)
- Valley Southwoods’ assembly will be moved to Tuesday, Feb. 27.
|Updated Valley and Valley Southwoods Schedule for Wednesday, Feb. 21|
|4||10:47 a.m. to 12:04 p.m.|
|First Lunch||10:42-11:12 a.m.|
|Second Lunch||11:08-11:38 a.m.|
|Third Lunch||11:34 a.m. to 12:04 p.m.|
|Staff Collaboration after dismissal|
For WDMCS employees, this announcement means:
- The Learning Resource Center will be open.
- The Operations building will be open.
- Employees designated to report to work when schools are closed should do so according to established procedures.
Debido a las malas condiciones del tiempo, todas las escuelas en nuestro distrito están cerradas el Martes, 20 de Febrero.
Si usted tiene a un/a niño/a en una escuela preescolar que no es del distrito, por favor póngase en contacto con esa escuela.
Los empleados designados a reportarse al trabajo cuando las escuelas están cerradas lo deben hacer de acuerdo a los procedimientos establecidos.