Schools Hold Events to Welcome Families
Elementary schools in the district are holding events to welcome new and returning families to their building due to the new school boundaries and enrollment reset for the 2015-16 school year. Some students may attend a new school because their home will be in a different building’s attendance area. Students who reside in one school’s boundary area but have attended another building will be welcomed back to their resident school when space allows. Schools will send their new families a letter explaining their new assignment and an invitation to their event. The events are being held at:
- Clive (1600 73rd St., Windsor Heights) 5:30-6:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 29.
- Crossroads Park (1050 50th St., West Des Moines) 5:30-6:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 22.
- Crestview (8355 Franklin Ave., Clive) 6-7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 20.
- Fairmeadows (807 23rd St., West Des Moines) 6:30-7:15 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 3
- Hillside (713 8th St., West Des Moines) 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 3.
- Jordan Creek (4105 Fuller Road, West Des Moines) 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 5.
- Western Hills (600 39th St., West Des Moines) 5-6 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 29.
- Westridge (5500 E.P. True Parkway, West Des Moines) 6-7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 29.
There are some enrollment options available to families who may want their children to continue attending their current school. Eligible families will receive more information about these options after the open house events.