Indian Hills Student Receives Life Saving Award
Clive Police Chief Mike Venema, Clive Fire Chief Rick Roe and Clive EMS Chief Brian Helland were all on hand to present Cook with this special award. It marked the first time the award had been given by the Clive Police Department.
Cook saved the life of his friend, Kyle Randolph, when he started choking during lunch. Randolph gave the international sign for choking, which prompted Cook into action. Even though he had never been formally trained, Cook performed the Heimlich maneuver on his friend, saving him from choking.