District Website Update
It has been nearly three months since the launch of the new district website and I am not sure where the time has gone. We continue to work hard on updating the website and completing the content as well as launching individual school sites. If you have not had a chance to take a look around I encourage you to take a few moments and familiarize yourself with the new site. Be sure not to miss the following:
- The audience tabs on the left side of the home page contain important information for you as a community member, parent, student, staff and newcomer. You can save time by viewing this area first when visiting. It contains frequently used links by each audience group, up to date news information and important reminders. To dig in even a little deeper as a parent, student or staff member you are encouraged to click on the corresponding landing page either from the sidebar tabs or at the top navigation.
- Announcements found on the District tab of the home page. The announcement section contains information that you would have previously seen on the home page of the old district site. For example information on break dates, board hearings, etc.
- District Calendar – this calendar is a comprehensive look at the district happenings as a whole. It has extensive search capabilities and has the most up to date information included in it.
- Our Blog – if you are reading this than you either already know about the blog or you are one step closer to knowing about it!
- Staff Directory – find contact information for your child’s teacher more easily with the new staff directory.
I continue to hear many positive comments along with constructive criticism about certain features as well. I realize that with any new site there is going to be a learning curve for the user and the creator. There are things that work like you wanted them too and then things that don’t work as well as you had hoped. Every suggestion that I have received I take seriously and take into consideration on how I can solve the issue for the user. My goal is to continue to grow and improve the website to the best of my abilities and within reason for the audience. Check back in the coming weeks to learn more about our website updates, new features, things to look for, etc., along with website tips to make your browsing experience more enjoyable.