The West Des Moines Community Schools Board of Education will address the final budget reduction proposal on Monday, March 10 at 7:00 p.m. The Board will also hold a work session at 5:15 p.m. during which they will review the 2014-15 certified budget.
Some of the items being proposed include closing Phenix Early Childhood Center, eliminating the district’s half-day kindergarten program, eliminating first grade assistants and reducing Level 1 special education program assistants.
The full proposal is available here: Final Budget Reduction Proposal
The proposal is being submitted after a four-month process, which included gathering reduction ideas and feedback from parents, community members and employees. This included holding several public meetings to provide information on the budget, the process being used to determine reductions and to gather feedback on possible reductions.
When will the School Board vote on the budget reductions?
The West Des Moines Community Schools Board of Education will address the final budget reduction proposal on Monday, March 10 at 7:00 p.m. in the Community Room at the Learning Resource Center, 3550 Mills Civic Parkway, West Des Moines.
Where can I find the final list of items being proposed to cut?
The final budget reduction proposal being submitted to the School Board is available here:
Where can I find information about the district’s budget situation?
- All the articles on the budget published in the district’s newsletter since November are available here>> http://ow.ly/ukxTi
- A budget overview is here>> http://ow.ly/ukxVM.
- Further information on the district’s budget is here>> http://ow.ly/ukxWq
- A description of the budget reduction process is here>> http://ow.ly/ukxUm
- The timeline of the budget process is here>> http://ow.ly/ukxUZ