Valley Cultural Awareness Week
Valley High School will be celebrating diversity with Cultural Awareness Week, Feb. 20-23. The week of cultural celebration, recognition, and awareness will include some special events and music, art, and food throughout the week.
- Valley students will attend a Cultural Awareness Week assembly in the Staplin Center on Monday, Feb. 20. The assemblies will introduce the theme of the week, “Shift the Lens,” which encourages everyone to look beyond their own experiences and perspective.
- A canned food drive supporting the community will run throughout the week.
- The media center will feature a large display of books by diverse authors all week.
- Valley High School worked with WDMCS Nutrition Services to offer a variety of cultural food options for lunch during the week.
- World Cultures Club’s International Night will take place from 5:30-8:30 on Thursday and is open to the public. It will feature culinary tastings and talent and fashions shows that highlight different cultures represented at Valley.
The Valley High School administration worked with student groups including World Cultures Club, Club Alpha, SHOUT (Students Helping Out), and ICU (Inclusive Cultural University) to create Cultural Awareness Week. Please join us as we celebrate the many cultures represented at Valley High School!