School Community Network
The WDMCS is dedicated to involving our parents in what we do. We not only have active parent-teacher organizations in every school, we have several district-level groups that include parents. The School Community Network is one of those groups.
About the Committee
Made up of parents, teachers and administrators from across the district, the group provides an opportunity for a face-to-face exchange of ideas and information. Its members also help us share information about district with the community.
The membership is outlined in district administrative rules. Membership includes:
- two representatives from each K-12 parent organization board
- two building staff members
- one elementary and one secondary administrator
- one administrative representative specifically from Valley High School
- the Director of Community Education or designee
- one representative from the school board
- the superintendent or designee
- members of the superintendency or designees
- School/Community Relations Director