The nutrition staff is here to serve high quality, nutritious meals at a reasonable price to all students.
School meals programs are supported by USDA. During the school year, WDMCS participates in the School Breakfast Program (SBP), National School Lunch Program (NSLP), Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program, and After School Snack Program.
School meals are well-balanced, healthy meals that are required to meet science-based, federal nutrition standards:
- No more than 30 percent of calories can come from fat and less than 10 percent from saturated fat
- Meals must provide one-third of Recommended Dietary Allowances of protein, vitamins A and C, iron and calcium
- School meals are served in age-appropriate portion sizes
Every school lunch includes five great choices that add up to a great value:
- Milk – fat-free flavored and unflavored, or unflavored one percent
- Vegetables – many varieties and colors: dark greens, red/orange, legumes (beans and peas), starchy; romaine and baby carrots offered daily; vegetable dip – hummus, available daily
- Fruit – canned in light syrup, canned in juice, fresh, dried; minimum of two choices daily at elementary schools and five choices at secondary buildings
Nutrition Services Director
Nutrition Services Human Resources Supervisor
Purchasing and Production Coordinator