Breakfast & Lunch in Hybrid Option 2 Learning Environment
Meals for On-Site Learners
- No self-serve stations.
- Elementary: Breakfast and lunch will be delivered to the classroom.
- Junior High: Students will walk through grab-and-go meal stations, then eat meals in classrooms.
- Breakfast will be available before first period.
- Lunch will be held during Tiger Time.
- High School: Additional locations in buildings are being identified as suitable areas to eat meals while social distancing. More information will be available at a later date.
Meal Pick-Up for Online Learners
- Meal boxes will include five breakfasts and five lunches.
- Weekly cost: $25 ($3.50 reduced price or free for qualified families)
- Pick-Up Locations – Each family will go to the pick-up location assigned to their OLDEST child’s school of attendance.
- Valley High School: Valley, Crossroads, and Western Hills families
- Valley Southwoods Freshman High School: Southwoods, Westridge, and Jordan Creek families
- Stilwell Junior High: Stilwell, Walnut Creek, Fairmeadows, and Hillside families
- Indian Hills Junior High: Indian Hills, Clive, and Crestview families
The West Des Moines Community Schools’ Nutrition Services Department makes sure our students get the nutrition they need to learn, play, and grow during the school day. WDMCS Nutrition participates in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Child Nutrition Programs. Our meals and snacks must meet the standards set forth by the USDA.