The WDMCS participates in the Child Nutrition Program, offering nutritious breakfasts and lunches at every school.
Our meals meet the new United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Nutrition Standards, which require the following:
- half the tray should be vegetables and fruits (1/2 cup servings of each)
- age-appropriate calorie servings
- a wide variety of vegetables, including dark green and red/orange vegetables and legumes
- fat-free flavored and unflavored, and plain 1% milk
- increasing whole-grain-rich products
- less sodium
- zero trans fats
Beginning the 2012-13 school year, the meal pattern aligned with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. A detailed listing of the dietary specification is available here. This new meal pattern is based on the USDA’s My Plate.
Help your student by encouraging them to eat more fruit, and vegetables and reviewing the USDA’s My Plate.
Nutrition Services Director
Nutrition Services Human Resources Supervisor
Purchasing and Production Coordinator