The West Des Moines Community Schools (WDMCS) Grading Practices Task Force will meet at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 26, 2017, in the Community Room at the Learning Resource Center, 3550 Mills Civic Parkway, in West Des Moines. This meeting is open to the public.
The purpose of this task force is to address the district strategic plan goal area on consistent, effective grading practices in the West Des Moines Community Schools. The task force is charged with researching and identifying effective grading practices and providing specific recommendations to the WDMCS Board of Education for grades K-12 in the district. Additionally, the task force will recommend professional learning needs for staff, communication needs to students and families, and a timeline for implementation.
For more information, please visit: www.wdmcs.org/category/grading-practices/.
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Learning Resource Center
3550 Mills Civic Parkway
West Des Moines, Iowa
- Determine 4-6 effective practices as prioritized by our forced choice
- Discuss and identify professional learning needs for each effective practice.
- 5:30 Welcome and review of purpose of taskforce. What is best for students?
- 5:35 Review data from forced choice matrix
- 5:40 Gallery Walk Protocol
- 6:35 Break
- 6:40 Gallery walk
- 7:20 Prioritization Activity
April 26, 2017 Full Meeting Agenda
Future Meeting Dates
Topics: Grading Practices