School Improvement Advisory Committee
The WDMCS partner with our parents and community members to create an outstanding learning environment for our children.
One way we work together is through the School Improvement Advisory Committee (SIAC), which is made up of both district staff and parents.
About the Committee
The committee’s purpose is to study data that identifies any “gaps” between the education and environment that exists in our schools and our goals. It then makes recommendations to the school board on:
- Major educational needs
- Student learning goals
- Long-range goals
- Harassment or bullying prevention goals, programs, training, and other initiatives
- Multi-cultural, gender fair issues and gifted and talented initiatives
The recommendations this committee provides annually to the school board make a difference in our district goals and direction. Additionally, issues and conversation around equity and diversity help us to have a greater knowledge and understanding of all students and families that are part of the WDMCS.
For More Information
For more information on the School Improvement Advisory Committee (SIAC) or to inquire about becoming a member, please contact Laurene Lanich at 515-633-5057.
Dr. Laurene Lanich
- Dr. Lisa Remy, Superintendent
- Janelle Green, HR/Equity Coordinator
- Dr. Laurene Lanich, Associate Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Tyson Heuton, Jordan Creek Elementary Teacher
- Jim Hall, Parent and Community Member
- Marshall Orsini, Parent and Community Member
- Sheila Hudson, Instructional Coach/Teacher Leader
- Graham Jones, Hillside Elementary Principal
- John Villotti, Crestview School of Inquiry Principal
- Bryan Stearns, Valley Southwoods Freshman High School Associate Principal
- Tory DeVries, Valley High School Teacher
- Chris Nelson, Parent and Community Member
- Christine McNunn, Parent and Community Member
- Sabrina Barber, Western Hills Elementary Teacher
- David Perrigo, Valley High School Associate Principal
- Erica Whittle. Valley High School Associate Principal
- Danette Rieper, Learning Supports/Family Engagement Teacher Leader
- Alexia Sanchez Garcia, Valley High School Student