Grading Practices Task Force Meets March 29
The West Des Moines Community Schools (WDMCS) Grading Practices Task Force will meet at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 29, 2017, in the Community Room at the Learning Resource Center, 3550 Mills Civic Parkway, in West Des Moines. This meeting is open to the public.
The purpose of this task force is to address the district strategic plan goal area on consistent, effective grading practices in the West Des Moines Community Schools. The task force is charged with researching and identifying effective grading practices and providing specific recommendations to the WDMCS Board of Education for grades K-12 in the district. Additionally, the task force will recommend professional learning needs for staff, communication needs to students and families, and a timeline for implementation.
For more information, please visit: www.wdmcs.org/category/grading-practices/.
Wednesday, March 29, 2017 Agenda
Learning Resource Center
3550 Mills Civic Parkway
West Des Moines, Iowa
- Prioritize effective grading practices
- Learn from Dr. Ken O’Connor, Author of 15 Fixes for Grading (https://www.oconnorgrading.com)
- 5:30 Welcome and Review of Purpose
- 5:40 Ken O’Connor Presentation
- 6:30 Prioritize effective grading practices activity